Sunday, July 04, 2004

Well I Do Say....

So elections were this past monday (June 28th). And for the many days preceeding it, I was flabbergasted by the state of our nation.

My family constantly told me to vote NDP... especially my communist sister in toronto, who actually called me just to tell me who to vote for.

Anyways, on Monday morning, just before i left for work, i decided to go to the polling station at the elementary school nearby and just get it over with. Into the gymnasium i walked, went up to my poll booth (#149 to be exact) and was handed a ballot, which i was to take with me as i walk behind the booth and stand behind an erect "pizza box" where i am to grab a dinky pencil and mark an "X" on the candidate of my liking.

The NDP dude was on the top of the list... naturally i was about to cross that one off, but my subconciouss stopped me. and then i scanned the rest of the names on the ballot to see the parties they were running for.

The bottom of the list had some dude running from the Marxist-Lenninist Society.

So i did the only thing i could do, since i was pressured by my family. I revolted... i picked the Marxist-Lenninist dude.

'Cause hey.... if you're going to vote communist, you may as well just go all out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home