Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Random thoughts....

A&B sound was having a customer appreciation night from 7 to 10 last night. As i arrived at 7 the doors were still locked as many of the meagre employees were still running around adjusting prices.
It was pouring rain outside, the least they could do was let us in just at the front part. Great customer appreciation that is.

Saw "Alexander" last night. I would have renamed it "Seigfreid and Troy"
45 minutes of kick-ass fighting, alongside 2 hours of useless banter. And Angelina just isn't believable as an old mother. Rosario Dawson is hot though.

Who would have thunk val kilmer and kevin spacey are old school buddies? (both grew up in the same neighbourhood and attended Juilliard together)

Wong Kar Wai's, IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE (criterion edition) would make a good christmas gift (wink wink nudge nudge)

So there's this Asian dentist who just happened to open up his practice next to the sikh temple on scott road in surrey. His name just happens to be Terry Mah. He's so proud of himself, he's displayed his name promenantly on the outside of the office "DR. TERRY MAH!"
I wonder if anyone has told him that "terry mah" translated in punjabi, literally means "your mama!" perhaps he graduated with some brown guys who told him to open shop there just as a practical joke. imagine if some immigrants are having a conversation about it right now:
the following is translated from punjabi to english:
1-"ouch, my teeth hurt. hey buddy, do you happen to know a dentist nearby"
2-"of course, my dentist is quite close, right next to the temple as a matter of fact"
1-"really old chap. well i do say, could you possibly tell me this doctor's name?"
2-"of course, it's easy to remember; YOUR MAMA!"
1-"excuse me?"
2-"YOUR MAMA!!!! right next door! i visit YOUR MAMA twice a year! and YOUR MAMA always gives me a treat when they are done with me. Usually a toothbrush to clean out my mouth, it can get messy sometimes"
1-....."my mom???"
2-"what? your mom is a dentist too? no no, i meant YOUR MAMA! right next door. all the guys in the neighbourhood go to YOUR MAMA, because YOUR MAMA gives the best rates in town. we all walk out with a smile!"
Miscommunication. This, my friends, is one of the roots of brown-on-brown violence in surrey.

230 in the morning i wake up in fear as the sound of gunshots hits my house and the rumble of firepower shakes my room. i fall out of bed, and do the military crawl out to the hallway, away from any window. and then i realize that it's mike downstairs playing SOCOM, or the latest edition of metal gear solid, at full blast. it gets me everytime.

driving down highway #1 on my way to work in the morning, i fall behind a dumptruck in the fast lane that appears to be hauling gravel. I can tell this because little pebbles are falling off the top and lightly tap hank, my truck, while i'm whizzing by at speeds over 110km/h, then this ROCK (not a pebble, BUT A ROCK) skyrockets out of the truck, hits the pavement and bounces back up into the air and smashes into my windshield at top speed! sounds like a SOCOM gunshot, so i quickly veer into the right lane, look myself over to see if i've been hit, no blood so it's good, but then i see the crack on my windshield. when something like that happens to your car, you just feel helpless.

Jesus was born with "no crib for a bed." but wasn't Joseph a carpenter?

God bless the inventor of sesame snaps. who knew that taking the seeds off hamburger buns and assembling them like sheets of plywood would taste so good??

That'll do for today,
I should get back to work.
See ya when i see ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home