Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Look what happened to me....

I remember back when I was 4 and telling everyone that when I grew up, I was going to be a bird. Being a blacksmith at a national historic site never really fell into the picture.

I'm 25 years and six days old.

All my sisters have finally moved out of the house. Just me and mom now. Peace at last.

My brother Shaun is set to depart on a 3 month journey to the land down under. And I'm gonna miss him. I didn't really think about it until my girlfriend brought it up. Even though we only see each other once a week, there's gonna be a three month term in there where I'll have to find something else to do. Perhaps watch movies on my own.

Now why are people bothered by the fact that i sometimes go to the theatre to watch a film on my own? I'm watching a movie, not having a conversation (unless the film sucks of course). I hate people who talk during movies, or the bastards that talk on the phone, and even the ones who just use their phone to look at the time during the darkest part of the film only to blind my eyes with the damn lights from their screens. BUY A WATCH YOU JACKASS.

Last night at the theatre was slow, so i killed about an hour of my shift watching "Coach Carter." A little "Lean On Me" mixed with "Sunset Park." I was hoping someone would die in the end, but overheard the manager on the radio looking for me so ended up missing the "climactic" ending. I think the movie would be better though if Sam kept his afro from Pulp Fiction instead of the bald head.

Dumb blond at the box office buying a ticket to Elektra looked at one of the charity boxes for the Variety Kids Telethon. Perplexed, she asked Charmaine (the box office attendant) "is that donations for the To Sammy?"
"To Sammy?"
"yeah"
"OOooooohhhh, you mean Tsunami! (stupid twit)"
First off, pronounce it properly Ms. I-wear-a-short-skirt-in-the-winter-and-complain-that-the-theatre's-too-cold (which she later did as well). Second, READ THE DAMN BOX! Third, if you can't read, look at the picture and then get your ass to school!

Apparently, The Communist (my sister) met a chiropractor from Edmonton who she has apparently fallen in love with and are in talks for marriage. Only thing is, my mom has yet to meet the guy. So what does Kruschev do, she arranges a flight for my mom and myself to go to Edmonton on the weekend of Feb. 5. Hence my return flight would be the next day (Feb 6).
Sure, i don't mind a little trip for family business at Ho Chi Minh's expense, BUT DID SHE HAVE TO CHOOSE SUPERBOWL WEEKEND??!?!!??

Working in the visitor's centre at work yesterday afternoon and received a phone call:
me- "Parks Canada, Fort Langley"
idiot- "Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me."
me- "sure thing"
idiot- "do you have the phone number for Go Banana's"
me- "pardon me?"
idiot- "Go Bananas?"
me- "sir, this is a Parks Canada Site. We deal with federal Parks and Historic sites"
idiot- "so you can't help me"
me- "i wouldn't have that number"
idiot- "do you know who might have that number?"
me- "try calling langley tourist info" (i give him the number)
idiot- "why would they know it?"
me- "because they would have all the business numbers in langley"
idiot- "why don't you have them?"
me- "because sir, we are a federal parks and historic site"
idiot- "well i suggest you guys start listing these numbers as well. you are here to serve the public, my tax dollars...."
me- "i suggest you buy a phone book. good day sir" (click)

he called back right after, but i had caller id on the phone so i didn't answer. i just let him leave a message on the answering machine. when i listened to it, he was yelling at the top of his lungs and couldn't believe i hung up on him.
i just deleted it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home