Monday, July 10, 2006

Dr. and Mrs. Singh

Finally, the Communist is officially someone else's problem.

hehehehe, i kidd i kidd

The wedding went well on July 1st. Thankfully it also got me out of Fort Langley on the busiest day of the year.
Hot hot weather proved that wearing a suit can be quite the challenge.

The days before the wedding were quite hectic around the house with family coming from all over the globe to give their wassup to the bride.

So much to be done that i was actually handed an itinerary of events, and where i was to be on each hour of the days before, of, and after the wedding.

Apparently my largest responsibility was to be the chauffeur for the photographer and his wife. They were friends of my sister and came down from Montreal, and he was willing to take all the photographs of the wedding for free. Nice people really, and now i have an invite and a place to stay if i ever choose to go to Montreal.

A nice thing though, was that my sister rented a car for me (Chrysler 300), so i could drive around in class. I think she had had enough of my pathfinder with moose antlers in the back (see previous posts)

First big day was the ladies party on the thursday night at the bear creek hall. i think they call it the raja banquet centre now. my big responsibility there was to throw a tailgate party from my pathfinder in the parking lot for all the men while the ladies partied inside. one thing we forgot about was the abundance of mosquitoes.

Friday was nuts around the house as there were tons of girls running around with mendhi all over there hands and unable to touch anything, trying to boss me around. I stayed hidden in the basement. My mom and aunts were all busy cooking sweets for the big event.

The wedding day (as expected) was the busiest day of them all, and as predicted, did manage to fall a little bit behind schedule. Yet with the wondrous fashion sense of my girlfriend, Heather, i did manage to look good through it all. Yes... i wore a pink tie.

The reception was held on Sunday night, with it being a long weekend, it was pretty good planning. Apparently my sister, Ranbir and i were chosen to be the MC s of the occasion. there were a couple of performances and speeches, including one by me, but i don't remember that much more, since i was quite hammered. I did pay for the booze, so i thought i should drink some as well.

The days after were full of cleaning up and paying bills and taking care of what needed to be done. Wednesday, the 5th of July, i had to go pick up the dodge caravan i rented, and then begin the drive to Calgary at midnight.

we chose to go to calgary first, because i have a lot of family there and i hadn't really visited them in 10 years, so i thought now would be a great time to go.

This past saturday was the second reception the grooms family held in edmonton, for family members from his side that were unable to make it to the coast for the wedding. again, i drank quite a bit.

Finally yesterday we drove back home from edmonton. 10 and a half hours of joy!

so here i am today. and boy am i glad that i don't have to work until friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home