Tuesday, July 10, 2007

BOOOOOOOOOO TO BEAUMONT STUDIOS!!

My friend Caroline Ogawa (a dandy artist) wrote the following to the studios... pretty much says it all.

BOYCOTT BEAUMONT!!:

Dear Jude & Rebecca,

I am emailing in regards to the artworks that I lend out to Beaumont Studios. I was extremely upset today when I came by to pick up my artwork, to discover that all my sculpture pieces were just carelessly thrown together into a big garbage bag and taped shut. These sculptures, as you can imagine, are fragile and should be handled with care so it was no surprise that when I opened the bag, I could see that several of my sculptures were badly damaged and falling apart. To make things even worse, one of my artworks is missing (the fishbowl art piece) and none of your staff were competent enough to help me find out where it was. I have lent out my art works to several facilities before and this is the first time that my work has been mistreated like this. I am extremely upset, and I would expect the people that are dealing with ANY kind of art work (especially in an ART studio) to have some common courtesy than to just throw things into a garbage bag. From my initial understanding, your studio seemed to appreciate my art, which was why I agreed to allow your facility to display my pieces for a little while longer, so I am quite boggled, upset, and offended by that fact that my art was treated this way. Futhermore, I tried to contact your staff many times through email to inquire when I should come by to pick up my art work, but I was never answered.

I am seeking damages for my belongings (2 damaged sculptures + 1 missing sculpture) totaling $150.

Please contact me as soon as possible via mobile 604-219-7611

Caroline Ogawa

3 Comments:

Blogger Solomon said...

well, that's just heinous. hope she gets her money. she should complain to the papers too, maybe they'd do a story if it's a slow news day...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you go caroline! and i definately agree with solomon. give 'er!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

hey amn,
you do realize you have posted caroline's phone # for all to see...

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home