Wednesday, December 10, 2003

While leading a group of grade fives through the fort this morning, I asked the kids what the Sto:lo natives would have used to help weigh down the massive fishing nets.

An eager student put up his hand. Definately looked like he knew the answer (which would have been "stones").

"Yes?" I asked him.

"uhhhh," he replied, "stuff?"

Yet another example of what our future has to offer.

Makes me wonder... these kids will be paying our pensions when we're older. The fate of our nation shall rest in their hands a few years from now.

This also leads me to discuss a group I had two days ago. Where four of the kids were singing along to the "milkshake" song.
You know the one:
"my milkshake tastes much better than your's/and they're like "it's better than your's"/ you can have some, but i gotta charge!"

Do you think these kids actually know what they're singin about?

Nope. I didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home