Saturday, November 26, 2005

My random act of kindness.

Few days ago, right after I got off work, I checked the messages on my cell phone and mom had called telling me to stop by the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few items. Feeling dirty from blacksmithing most of the day, I was a little reluctant but I proceeded nonetheless.

When I finally managed to wind my way through rush-hour traffic to get to the grocery store parking lot, I began to lose my patience when seeking a perfect parking spot. One of them opened up and I turned on my signal to indicate that that spot was soon to be mine.

Then I saw a car driven by a senior coming from the opposite direction. He saw that I had my blinker on and began to drive past me. But that was when I rolled down my window and motioned for him to stop. I turned off my turn signal and waved him into the parking stall, perplexed, his face managed to smile and show me his shiny dentures. I proceeded to park further away from the store than I had anticipated.

With all the shopping done and on my way out of the store and back to my car, I managed to bump into the old man just as he was leaving as well.

Recognizing me he thanked me for giving him the parking spot. I replied "no sir, thank you" and pointed at his car.

It had a veteran license plate.

Starting to see his eyes get watery I began to walk away.

I didn't look back. Grown men don't want you to see them cry.

2 Comments:

Blogger tracypants said...

awwwww.

that's the cutest thing ever. i love old people.

... not "love" love. like thing they're great.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Amn.

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home