Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve (slow work day)

So here I am sitting in front of the computer in the Visitor Orientation Centre for Fort Langley. We've been open to the public today for the past 2.5 hours, and only 12 guests have visited.

It's expected though. Who would really want to come to an historic site on Christmas Eve?

To top things off, I appear to have caught a cold in the midst of the holiday season. Just more to add to the unfortunate events that have occurred to me this month... Nothing drastic, mind you. But just little incidents where I'm beginning to struggle in keeping my composure.

To top things off, while I was watching Chronicles of Narnia with my girlfriend at Guildford, some imbecile backed out of their parking stall and rammed into my truck, damaging the bumper and grill.

Fortunately, a good samaritan witnessed it and left a note on my car windshield with her name and phone number, as well as the license plate of the truck that hit me. (white and red pickup with Alberta license plates: DLK 434) Be on the lookout!

Then the very next day, my Flyers lose to the Vancouver Canucks 5-4. What was horrible was that I was only able to watch half of it (half of the first and all of the second) since I was summoned by my communist sister to pick her up from the skytrain station at 5 (the game started at 4:30).

So I get to the skytrain station and wait there for about 15 minutes, then I receive a phone call from Kruschev saying that she's still at work and won't have to be picked up until 630 (WTF?) I mean, she could have told me earlier!

So I drive back home, somewhat ticked off, and watch the second period. Then just before the third period starts, I have to leave and go pick up Kim Jong Il on a second attempt. She finally arrives while I listen to the game on the radio, and in a rush to get home, when I'm told to drive her to the post office since she has parcels to pick up.

Finally after the post office run and with 5 minutes remaining in the game, I begin to rush home; only to witness a severe car accident on the way. Right after seeing it happen, I deliberated with myself as to keep driving and catch the rest of the game, or to get out and help anyone if need be. My mind said GO HOME AND WATCH THE GAME, but my conscience parked the car. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt, but I had to stick around as the communist dialed 911 and I left my name and number with the innocent driver since the accident was the fault of the other.

Needless to say, I got home too late to catch the end of the game, but just in time to receive the many mocking phone calls for the Flyers loss.

Oh well, so goes life. Now I have to wait until wednesday for my hit and run appointment with ICBC.

There have been good things however. My nephew turned 1, Christmas is tomorrow, I get turkey dinner at my sister's house tonight, and then turkey dinner at my uncle's house tomorrow. But what takes the cake is how my sunshine (Heather) surprised me with Kanye West tickets on the night of the show. She duped me into thinking we were attending a Christmas party downtown for the staff at the daycare she works at, but low and behold, she showed me the tickets.

And surprisingly, it was one of the best concerts I've been to this year. I'd put it just behind the Robert Plant and Common shows. Yet another reason why I love my girlfriend.

hmmmm... maybe things actually aren't as bad as I thought.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY
(and a happy Festivus)

1 Comments:

Blogger tracypants said...

you reminded me...

i have mail in my mailbox and never picked it up!!

imagine what could be in there!!!!!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home