Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Whitewashed

On the 11th of this month, my girlfriend and her choir were performing at a church downtown. A few hundred people came out to watch this event. I showed up early so I get get a great seat in the balcony with a clear view.

That's when I saw 6 Indo-Canadian women sitting in the pew next to me. We made eye-contact and I gave them the "hello" nod. Now what was different about these women is that they were quite "white" and they looked at me as if I was not to par with their "level of excellence". Well screw them!

The girls were dressed like Paris Hilton wannabes (who would want to be that?) and the mothers were clean cut, but bitches nonetheless.

Somehow I knew that not even one of them would speak a single word of Punjabi or any other language of the homeland. Truly whitewashed....

this was confirmed when the crowd would clap to the music of the choir. They of course, clapped out of rhythm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Way to go girls, way to go.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

walk to the beat of your own drum right....or something like that

11:03 PM  
Blogger tracypants said...

tisk tisk amn.

whitewashed is a really terrible word.

one of my persian friends in high school used to get threatened because she was "whitewashed" aka hung out with white people and wasn't a racially elitist/racist bitch....

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home