Monday, October 16, 2006

Great Googa Mooga!

So today I had to work from 12-9 because the Fort was having rehearsals for our Hallowe'en Tour on the 28th. But we had dinner break from 5:15 to 7pm and most of us went to the pub for dinner. I went because I knew they would be playing the Monday Night Football game. Bears against the Arizona Cardinals. Game began and 5:30 and I assumed that this would be an easy win. However, after chowing down on two $1.99 burgers (they're on special on Mondays) the first quarter of the game blew by and my cherished Chicago Bears were down 14-0.
By the time halftime came, it was nearing 7 and time to head back to work. Bears down 20-0. What the hell was happening? My coworkers were laughing at me, the rest of the pub patrons were laughing (I was wearing my Urlacher jersey of course). My friends were even sending me text messages and laughing.
Start of the 3rd quarter and the Bears start with a field goal. But the Cardinals match it, but then with 2 seconds left in the third quarter, Bears return a fumble for a touchdown. Cardinals 23-Bears 10. Was it possible?

4th quarter with 5 minutes to go, Bears return another fumble for a touchdown.
23-17 for Arizona. Then with less than three minutes left, my Bears return a punt for yet another touchdown! HOLY MONKEY!
52 seconds left, Arizona brings it all the way to the Bears 23 yard line. 4th down and they attempt a 40-yard field goal. WIDE TO THE LEFT!
BEARS GET THE BALL!
BEARS WIN!!!!!!! BEARS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24-23!!!!!!!
You know what this means?
A true team of destiny.
Even when we suck, we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NUTSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those classes with Mr. O have really paid off!

Those emotions are amazingly portrayed!!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Solomon said...

What's the deal with football anyways? Men in tight pants smacking each other on the ass...

9:10 AM  
Blogger Shaundiggity said...

That sort of thing doesn't interest you, Solomon? Why the heck not... those asses are amazingly tight!

GO BEARTS!!!!! 6-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only know that because of the Kwyji :P

10:11 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

now there's an ass worth smacking... nice picture, shaundiggity

9:47 PM  
Blogger tracypants said...

love. i love it.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home