Thursday, March 25, 2004

I was watching TV a couple of nights ago and between switching from channels 28, 30, 50, and 57 in fifteen minutes, I saw four tampon commercials.

As a heterosexual male, I have no reason to even be seeing these. I don't need a tampon.

Ladies, when I see these ads on TV, it really makes me wonder. Do you slip one on and then magically feel rejuvenated and get all active? I never see a "Playtex" or "Always" (yes I'm talking about maxi pads too) commercial without some 30 something female acting like the independent 90's female she is and can now take on all of the world's problems now that she has something to absorb her menstrual fluids.

Do women really talk to each other and say:

"Wow. I can't believe you're still using pads. Here, try one of my tampons. It'd twice as absorbent as the leading brand." as you're going through an amusement park or something similar?

It actually disturbs me to find out you left for vacation without anything. I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with these if they didn't involve a story line like a boat with a hole in the bottom and Suzie Whatserface pulls out a tampon and saves the day by showing how absorbent it is.

There is a place for Tampax and Maxi Pad commercials. And it belongs in Oprah's magazine and NOT while I'm trying to watch Chapelle's Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home