Thursday, June 02, 2005

Why did the chicken cross the road?

It didn't.

I ran over it on my way to work. well, not really "ran over", more like "hit"
quite odd really, i was driving down 168th st between 88th and 96th avenues in the morning drizzle when this white, pillow-like object came hurtling out of the ditch

next thing you know, an explosion of feathers, and a possible "ba-kaaaaaaaaawk" (couldn't really hear it, my radio was blasting, but i imagine it was something like that)

i quickly pulled into the closest parking lot (tynehead community hall i believe), jumped out of my car and when to assess the damage on the front of Hank (my pathfinder)

nuthin but a few feathers

in the midst of my shock, a fellow motorist pulled up behind me, got out of his car and said "dude!"

staring him up and down, the similarities between him and the comic book guy from the simpsons were endless

nonetheless he said "dude! you hit a chicken! that's unfuckinbelievable!"

no shit sherlock

needless to say, i dare not venture home in the same path again, for the poultry ghost may haunt me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home